Pop-Up Coworking Has arrived in Wyndham

Pop Up Coworking has arrived in Wyndham thanks to BizBuddyHub….

Residents campaign to create a permanent space to address community needs

Pop- up co- working sessions are now open for local businesses to find a temporary solution to work from their local postcode 3030.

The first Pop–up session was hosted on 1st October at The Gypsy Road Tapas bar and Café at the Point Cook Town Centre with excellent attendance and recognition of the strength and collaboration of the Small Business, local associates, champions and stakeholders.

Sara Mitchell, Founder of BizBuddyHub said

“We collaborated, networked, made some content for our video, co-worked, socialized and learnt new things. Even Mums with kids found it easy to do what they had to because the kids were entertained too.”

Residents in the Western Growth corridor are challenged because of the housing boom, lack of local jobs and gridlock, some 70% of the population commute to their jobs in the CBD or beyond, While the other 30% are small/micro business. A collaborative coworking environment ideally will provide sufficient space, parking and internet to assist small business to collaborate and think big and will provide a fit for purpose solution to corporate commuters who currently spend 2-4 hours a day travelling to their non-customer facing jobs.

Weekly pop -up events will continue throughout October and early November with local business and social enterprises joining every day with creative options to keep the initiative fun, social and engaging.

The next pop-up events will take place from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm as follows: (please see the Events page for more details)

 

Tuesday: 6th October at Grill´d Point Cook with free coffee from Teeny Rabbit at the door.

Tues 13th – Waterstone Sanctuary Lakes

Tues 20th – Grill’d Werribee

Tues 27th October at Hopheads SoHo Village.

Wednesday: 7,14,21,28 October at Masters Williams Landing Café.

Thursday: 8,15,22,29 October at Gypsy Road Tapas bar Café at the Point Cook Town Centre.

 

The idea launched on 4Th September of Live Local, Work Local and Love local by a group of maverick residents of Point Cook is growing fast with expressions of interest of over 60 small business operators or commuters.

“We believe the model is capable of self-sustainability after its first year and with the Hub we are creating a culture of collaboration and purpose in the community and strengthening of the SME/Micro model”, Mitchell said.

BizBuddyHub is negotiating with Victoria University for a permanent space at East Werribee Campus, and have received encouragement and support from Joanne Ryan federal Member for Lalor, State Member for Altona District Jill Hennessy MP, CEO of Leadwest Craig Rowley and CEO Committee for Wyndham Chris Potaris.

“The NFP models and Old Corporate Models are not sustainable and we need to find that third space of innovation, collaboration, agility, commerciality and sustainability. Joining the dots, it is what we are trying to do”, said Sara Mitchell

Category Search

Key Word Search

What are you interested in? Discover something nice